Clinical Mental Health Counselor
Lauren has been working with the clinical team at The Delray Center for 4 years as an intensively trained Dialectical Behavioral Therapy coach. She has worked as a master’s student intern for 4 semesters and graduated from FAU’s Mental Health Counseling program in December 2015.
Lauren’s philosophy in counseling puts emphasis on treating the whole person: mind, body, and spirit. She provides significant attention and energy into her clients both in session and outside of session. Lauren works with both adolescents and adults with a broad spectrum of diagnoses and struggles, such as personality disorders, substance abuse, anxiety, depression, problems adjusting, and skills coaching. In addition to individual treatment, she runs several therapeutic groups treating both adults and adolescents.
Lauren’s main therapeutic objective is to practice in a way that allows her clients to feel comfortable and receive the highest quality of care. She strives to implement ethics and professionalism in both the work place and her daily life. Lauren’s ultimate desire as a clinician is to coach clients through their journey of creating a life worth living.
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Communication, Minor in Sociology – Florida Atlantic University
- Master of Education in Mental Health Counseling – Florida Atlantic University
- Chi Sigma Iota active member – Mental Health Counseling Honor Society
- Kappa Delta Pi active member – Education Honor Society
- Intensively Trained by The Linehan Institute/Behavioral Tech – Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Foundational Training (2013)
- Intensively Trained by The Linehan Institute/Behavior Tech – DBT for Adolescents and Multi-Family Systems (2015)
- SMART Recovery Facilitator (2015)