Leehe Negri, M.Ed., Registered Mental Health Counseling Intern
Leehe has been a full time therapist at The Delray Center since May 2018, following successfully completion of a yearlong clinical internship and graduation from FAU’s Graduate Mental Health Counseling program.
Raised in Israel and exposed to a great variety of cultures, Leehe’s clinical approach emphasizes the importance of diversity. Her case conceptualization style and treatment approach are culturally focused, as she believes that each individual is unique to his or her background, and validating this is vital for a holistic recovery. She is fluent in Hebrew, and is very familiar with the Jewish/Israeli community of South Florida, guiding clients who are in need for a sense of community. Leehe is passionate about helping others explore their authentic-self, strengths, and achieve their dreams. She is dedicated to her clients and works with both adolescent and adults with a broad spectrum of diagnoses and struggles, such as personality disorders, substance abuse, anxiety, depression, problems adjusting, and skills coaching. In addition to individual treatment, Leehe develops and facilitates psychoeducation and process groups at the center.
Leehe’s main therapeutic objective is to teach her clients empowerment, validation, and self-worth. She carefully attends to each client by implementing appropriate and ethically sensitive interventions. Her main goal as a clinician is so guide her clients to become their own therapists with effective skill building and coping strategies.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology (Double Major)— Florida Atlantic University
- Master of Education in Clinical Mental Health Counseling— Florida Atlantic University
- Summa cum Lauda and Honors in Psychology— Department of Psychology at Florida Atlantic University
- Distinguished Student of the Year— Florida Atlantic University
- Co-Author of “Who was that masked man? Conjoint representations of intrinsic motions with actor appearance”— Memory Journal, published by Taylor & Francis Online
- Registered SMART Recovery Facilitator
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified
- American Counseling Association active member— Professional Counselors
- Psi Chi active member – International Honors Society in Psychology