Eating disorders are among the most dangerous of all mental illnesses. They can also be the most difficult to treat. The Delray Center is devoted to helping individuals and families dealing with the challenges presented by these disorders. Our highly skilled Professional team uses a multi-method approach to help our eating disorder clients recognize good health not by body shape and size, instead as physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
The Eating Disorder Outpatient Treatment Program has the following benefits:
- Each patient receives an individualized treatment plan, including a comprehensive psychiatric and medical assessment.
- Working closely with their individual therapist, clients learn to understand the issues that promote and sustain their eating disorder as they foster a positive body image.
- Weekly nutritional therapy and daily meal support with a registered, licensed dietitian encourages patients to focus on mindful eating in a nurturing and safe environment.
- Supportive client outings to restaurants, grocery stores and clothing stores help prepare clients with life-skills that are necessary for a successful recovery from an eating disorder.
- Our multidisciplinary professional staff offers a variety of unique complementary therapies, holistic treatments, and skill building to further enrich the recovery process.
Eating Disorder Outpatient Treatment available at the Delray Center:
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation with Medication Management
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Individualized Nutritional Therapy, group nutrition and meal support
- Family Education, Support and Therapy
- Body Image Group
- Process Group
- Expressive Therapy
- Movement Therapy
- Meditation and Yoga
- Acupuncture, massage, and holistic therapies