IV vitamin therapy is to used to supply essential nutrients of normal body metabolism directly into the bloodstream. These vitamins are useful for restoring balance (or homeostasis) to the body and for significantly increasing a person’s time to exhaustion during exercise. This can be beneficial for athletes who need quick recovery from strenuous athletic events and competitions. During periods of strenuous exercise, the body loses many of its natural nutrients and may need a boost of IV vitamins (consisting of a high concentration of vitamins and minerals) to aid in recovery time and help restore the body’s electrolyte and nutrition balance.
By using IV vitamins, we are able to provide the body with rapid symptom relief in a wide variety of situations. When vitamins and nutrients are infused intravenously (IV) they are immediately absorbed into your bloodstream to begin to repair your cells. This means they can avoid the potential loss of potency and poor absorption in the gastrointestinal tract that is a characteristic of nutrients taken traditionally by mouth.
Our athletic support IV vitamins can include some or all of the following:
- Water-soluble B-vitamins which are lost through strenuous exercise.
- Vitamin C and B-vitamins are needed to for energy-enhancing stamina and performance.
- Calcium, magnesium and other minerals, which can help minimize muscle cramping and fatigue.
- Sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate, which can restore electrolyte balance often reduced from periods of prolonged sweating.
- Amino acids which can aid recovery and performance.